HUPzine was a zine released by Hamilton Underground Press, featuring mostly interviews of Hamilton bands, and bands that have played (or are to play) at Hamilton Underground Press events. First released in January 2016, it was printed at A5 size and cost $3. However, from issue 3, the zine became free thanks to a grant from Creative Waikato and Creative Communities NZ. Run sizes began at 40 each for the first two zines, raised to 120 for HUPzine 3, and 200 for HUPzine 4 and 5. The first zines were made available at the HUP shows, and through Mark 1, Nivara Lounge, Auteur House and Browsers Bookstore. The zine lasted 7 issues.
- Issue 1, Jan 2016: Mermaidens (Wellington), Soccerpractice (Auckland), The Goth and the Pixie, Ghosts of Electricity
- Issue 2, Feb 2016: Inchworm, Rumpus Room, Hide and Tallow (Otamatea), Elider, Five Second Burn
- Issue 3, May 2016: the Naenae Express (Auckland), Hospital Sports (Auckland), Ngamihi Pawa, The Joint Chiefs (Wellington), The Scones, Birds of Passage
- Issue 4, July 2016: Jakob (Napier), Kitchen's Floor (Brisbane), Blue Cross, So Laid Back Country China (Wellington), Punch Monkeys, Bandfandango
- Issue 5, November 2016: Skux (Auckland), Polyester (Auckland), The Biscuits (Auckland), The Beths (Auckland), Hex (Wellington)
- Issue 6, March 2017: Future City Festival special, featuring short interviews with each of 27 bands that were scheduled to play at the festival, and a schedule of set times over the two days.
- Issue 7, May 2017: Interviews with The Bats (Christchurch), Yukon Era (Auckland/Melbourne), Lake South (Wellington)