Ghosts of Electricity
Ghosts of Electricity described their early sound as blues, folk and postpunk, with influences including Joy Division, Lou Reed and Bob Dylan; indeed, the band took their name from a Dylan lyric. More recently, their sound has been described as White Collar Punk. They played at Band Experiments 2009, and released their first EP, Ghosts of Electricity, in mid-2010. In late 2011 they released their second EP, Slavery/Pohutukawa, and Don't Try in 2013.
Moving to Auckland, the band have changed personnel, with only Tim Fowler surviving from the original band. In late-2015, they released their first album, Trolls, which was followed up by Music to get Puppies to Sleep in 2017.
- Ghosts of Electricity EP, 2010
- Slavery/Pohutukawa EP, 2011
- Don't Try EP, 2013
- We Are All Bigots EP, 2014
- Trolls album, 2015
- Music to get Puppies to Sleep album, 2017
- On the Beach appears on the 2016 compilation Life Beneath a Gravel Streak
- Tim Fowler - guitar, vocals
- Patrick Girard - drums
- Peter Beazley - bass
- Vince Langdon
- Winston Shadbolt