Dead Pan Rangers
Dead Pan Rangers formed in 1997 as Mystery Machine, changing their name in 1999. Mike Wilson (bass and vocals) and Darren Nugent (guitar) have played together since the bands inception, but they have been through a large number of drummers. They won the Band Experiments in 2000 (with Amy Doyle on drums). Bevan Galbraith has been their drummer since 2003.
The band relocated to London in 2005 and played shows in England and Germany throughout the year. Bevan Galbraith remains the bands drummer when playing in New Zealand, but Tim Clulow drums while in the UK. They returned to NZ in January 2006 for a short tour. A compilation featuring tracks from their albums and EP was released as a bonus CD with A Low Hum (Series 3, Issue 2).
- Dwarfism appears on the 2000 promo CD NZ on Air Indie Hit Disc 10
- Harbringer appears on the 2001 compilation Year Zero
- All the Goodies appears on the 2004 compilation Kaleidoscope World Series 6
- Dwarfism appears on the 2004 compilation Kaleidoscope World Series 4
- California dream appears on the 2005 compilation Drill Issue 10 Sampler - Vol 1
- A DPR song appears on the compilation Drill Issue 14 Sampler - Vol 5
- 10 Speed appears on the 2008 compilation Bulletholes 3: The Best is Yet to Come
- Band far from Dead Pan over Contest Win, Waikato Times, 21 July 2000, P3