King Records, or King Worldwide, is run by Peter King of Ashburton (formerly out of Geraldine). They specialise in lathe cut polycarbonate records, i.e., the discs are not "pressed" as for conventional records. Runs can be of as few as 20 records, which has made this form of release popular with Hamilton bands and musicians. Records can be of various sizes, including the conventional 7 and 12 inches, but also can be done in 5, 6, 8 and 10" sizes. Despite the advantages of making small numbers of discs at any time, it is acknowledged that the sound quality of the lathe cut records is not as high as it is for the traditional pressed records. "King Worldwide" has been in operation since the late 1980s.
Hamilton Releases cut by "King Worldwide"
- CJA - Heart 7"
- CJA - Moon/Danger 7"
- Mudpeople - Pick Your Pimples 7"
- Negative Eh - Where Ghosts go to Die 7"
- Wendyhouse - Santas Lament 7"
- Craig Williamson - Lotus of a Thousand Petals 12"
- Dean - Battle Truck 12"
- Negative Eh - What the Fuck is Fahrenheit? 12"
- Negative Eh - Hotel/Motel 12"
- Aquarium - The Glen EP 7"