Dynasty were a five-piece band formed in January 1966, which evolved out of The Paragons. The band attracted good crowds during Friday night performances at Starlight Ballroom, and appeared on the C'Mon show with Peter Sinclair. They also played in Tauranga, Tokoroa, Rotorua and Te Kuiti. The band played covers by The Animals, Manfred Mann, Zombies, The Rolling Stones and The Beatles.
Founding members John O'Donahue, Mike Collins and Pete Barnett were replaced by other members during the bands existence. Thompson went on to Mandrake, before moving to Australia, and then the UK, and joined Manfred Mann's Earth Band in 1976. Guitarist Tony Armitage-Johnstone moved to England in the late 1960s.
- John O'Donahue - drums (founding member)
- Mike Collins - bass (founding member)
- Pete Barnett - guitar (founding member)
- Chris Thompson - rhythm guitar, vocals (founding member)
- Ian Robertson - electronic organ (founding member)
- Tony Armitage-Johnstone - guitar
- Marc des Landes - lead guitar
- Kelvin (Kelly) Dodds - bass
- Mike Duerden - bass