Hamilton Piano Company
Hamilton Piano Co. was a specialist piano store, which opened c. 1945 at 361 Victoria St. on the corner of Rostrevor St. In the 1940s they advertised as sole agents for Broadwood, Brasted, Berry and Bell piano brands. They also offered tuition, and it was advertised that their piano tuner was available to visit as far afield as the Bay of Plenty. The company offered free delivery with their service van.
In 1966, the company changed ownership to Koretz Investments Limited, though kept trading as Hamilton Piano Company. The store moved premises to Bryce St. at some stage. It was still in existence until approximately the early 1990s.