Big Muffin Serious Band
Purveyors of fine (and often silly ) ukulele music in Hamilton and New Zealand since 1983. General musical classification; country-punk-skiffle/barbershop rock. Instrumentation incorporates ukulele, tea-chest bass,snare drum, home-made gadgets, various toys and miscellaneous non-musical implements. Also known for shadow-puppetry, stilt-walking, ludicrous costumes and general clowning.
- Graeme Cairns: 1983- present,
- Jim Fulton: 1983- present,
- Ian Coldham- Fussell: 1983,
- Chris Allen: 1984,
- Mark Walles: 1984,
- Keith MacMillan: 1985-86,
- Peter(P. Bagg) Caldwell: 1986-88,
- The Naughty See-Monkey(original go-go dancer): 1986-88,
- Paul VanWering: 1988-89,
- Trudy Kendall (go-go): 1988-'93,
- Bryce Galloway : 1989-'90
- Alec Forbes (go-go): 1989-'95,
- Jeff Howell: 1991-'92,
- Steve Matich: 1990-'95,
- Matthew Shirley: 1993-'95,
- Adrian (Droid) Holroyd(go-go): 1995-'99
- Bevan (Baz) Galbraith: 1997-present,
- Tony Wyeth: 1999,
- Craig Beere (go-go): 2003-2005,
- Adrienne Carthew(stilts): 2004,
- Nick Clothier: 2004- present,
- Adam Fulton: 2005-present,
- Jabberwocky Goes To Town. On vinyl in 1987 and Re-released on CD 2003.
- Heavens To Murgatroyd on CD 2002.
- The Eggplant that Ate Otago.Shadow Puppetry/Theatre/Music.
- The Complete History of Music. Radio Broadcast/Live Seminar
- Homemade Instruments for Beginners.Workshop
Side Project Recordings:
- The Instrument of Love CD by Serious Ukulele Ensemble: 2000
- Dead Serious CD by Serious Ukulele Ensemble: 2001
Some of these recordings are available from the University Library.
For a more complete bio, pictures and info on associated instrumental ukulele groups see