Difference between revisions of "A. Eady and Co."

From HtownWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
 
(No difference)

Latest revision as of 23:52, 18 November 2019

A. Eady and Co. advertisement, 1911
A. Eady and Co. advertisement, 1918

A. Eady and Co. was an Auckland company selling musical instruments, phonographs and records, owned by Arthur Eady. In Hamilton, the store was initially called The Musical Budget, opening around 1907, and run by Samuel Riley. Apparently the earliest established music store in Hamilton, it was situated just north of the Theatre Royal. In May 1910, with the company expanding, the store moved to an adjoining site, and changed its name to A. Eady and Co. In 1912, due to its popularity, it opened another shop in Victoria St. It was still active in Hamilton until a little after 1930.