Diggers, formerly at 17B Hood Street, was located in a heritage buiding dating from 1903. It opened as Diggers in 1994, and provided a small venue for local original and covers bands. In the late 1990s the Diggers Back Bar opened, which allowed a larger space for bands to play.
The building was originally designed as the offices of the Waikato District Hospital and Charitable Aid Board. Diggers closed in early 2018, with the building becomming the new site for Biddy Mulligan's.
Significant Gigs at Diggers
- Pungent Stench, 8 Foot Sativa, World War Four - 30 January 2003